Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Wedding Wednesdays: Bridesmaid Gift Custom Charms

This would definitely make for a unique bridesmaid gift.  They could be used as wedding glass charms, necklaces, bracelets, key chains and what ever else you can come up with.  


I purchased the antique brass base and matching glass disc from the etsy shop Newbora.  I got 10 of the 10mm base (approx 1/2 in)  and 10 of the matching 10 mm glass for $10.  They by far had the cheapest price but it ships from China so it did take a little while to get to me.  So if you order don't be in a hurry to get them! There are multiple sizes and styles available including earrings!    The quality is great though and worth the wait!


For the letter, I used a "J" from the title of vintage piece of sheet music.  You could use just about anything, an old picture, a word from a book or dictionary.  So technically this counts as recycling in that way as well.
I used my Loctite Crafter's Glue, which so far has been permanent and dries crystal clear.  The best part is it takes about 24 hours to solidly cure, so you can adjust it.  I cut out a rectangular piece larger than the glass disc and put a dab of glue on it and placed it over the letter.  As the glue cures it gets clearer and clearer but you can still move it to make sure the letter is centered.
 

Once it is completely dry, cut around the glass disc with an exacto knife, put another dab of glue on the back of the letter and press it into the brass base and let dry!  I attached a little gem on a wire for extra decoration.  

Not up for making your own, check out one of my favorite shops founding on Etsy for great jewelry options!

bridesmaids monogram necklace package - vintage blues
Bridesmaid Monogram Necklace Package - founding - $192.00

My absolute favorite: 

1 comment: