Friday, September 16, 2011

A Crock Pot makes it easy!

I am always looking for easier ways to cook a delicious meal.  My previous crock pot a Rival "Smart"pot had steered me away from crock pot cooking b/c it burned everything.  It was a "not so smart pot", you could set it on the 10 hour setting and it would burn whatever you were cooking within 6.  I finally threw it and the last dinner it burned in the dumpster.  On recommendation of the BF's sister, I purchased this crock pot:

Hamilton Beach 33967 Set 'n Forget 6-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker
Hamilton Beach 6 quart Programmable Slow Cooker

Definitely worth the $40+, I got mine at Target for $40.  The first dish I made in it was super easy.  Found on Pinterest (Check out my Yummy Board), all it was is a can of cream of chicken soup, 8 oz of cream cheese, a pack of zesty italian dressing mix and 2 - 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts.  Cook on low for at least 6 hours.  The great part about this crock pot is you can program it to cook on low or high for however many hours or using the probe until it is a certain temperature, and then the crock pot will keep it warm until you turn it off.  You can serve the above chicken over rice or pasta, I served it over wheat penne.  My one change next time is I will microwave the cream cheese, cream of chicken soup and the italian first to create a sauce before adding it to the crock pot.  

Since its starting to really feel like fall, tomorrow I am going to make Loaded Baked Potato Soup in the Crock Pot another Pinterest find, and put it in bread bowls.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment