Monday, September 26, 2011

Recycled Jar Homemade Air Freshener

Another great Pinterest find, created using any jar with a lid.  I made two of these this past weekend.  One for the kitchen with refreshing eucalyptus oil and another for the bathroom with lavendar oil.

Photo Credit: The Complete Guide to Imperfect Homemaking

Supplies: 
Any jar with a lid (doesn't have to be glass, can be plastic)
Baking Soda
Your Favorite Essential Oil
Hammer and a Nail 

Instructions: 
Fill the jar 1/4 full of baking soda and then add 6-8 drops of your favorite essential oil.  Put on the lid, give the jar a little shake to mix together the oil and baking soda.  Punch holes in the lid with the hammer and nail.  

To refresh the scent I just give my jars a little shake when I am near them.  They work great!  Feel free to also jazz up your jar a little bit with some ribbon or scrapbook paper to make it more decorative.  

I am going to make one for my desk at work with peppermint oil!



No comments:

Post a Comment