Friday, September 23, 2011

Super Easy Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken


Another Pinterest find, this recipe worked out well but was way to spicy for the BF and I so I have included what my adaptation will be for the next time, which is very similar just a few swaps.  


Adapted from My Kitchen Apron

4 Frozen Skinless Boneless Chicken Breasts
1 Bottle Franks Buffalo Wing Sauce
Butter (amount depends on how hot you want your sauce)
Blue Cheese or Ranch Dressing (I use Marie's)

Pour the bottle of Frank's Wing Sauce in your Crockpot.  Melt 1/2 stick of butter in the microwave and stir into wing sauce already in the Crockpot.  Taste your sauce, if it is still too hot add more melted butter.

Add frozen chicken breasts and spoon sauce over them.

Cook on low for 6 or 7 hours.

Using two forks, shred the chicken breast.  (It should pull apart extremely easy)

Stir in blue cheese or ranch dressing.  I started with 1/2 c - 1 c and added to taste.  Let warm through in crock pot on low.

Serve right away on rolls for sandwiches, make dip, pizza, pasta or even crepes the possibilities are endless.

You could also make a very large batch of this and then freeze smaller portions of it for later use.  This is what I will be doing next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment