Thursday, October 27, 2011

Quilled Soda Can Snowflakes

I had been working with quilling strips of soda can for awhile now and trying to come up with some decent shapes made out of them.  For those of you that don't know quilling traditionally is the coiling and shaping of narrow strips of paper into designs.  I decided to move this into a recycled effort and do it with soda can since soda can really has the ability to easily hold the shape.  Although a time consuming process I think the end result is wonderful.





 I hope to have some wreath decoration sets, ornament sets as well as individual ornaments made out of these for upcoming shows. 

Don't forget this weekend is the First Uniquely Northern NY Upcycled Art Show in the Cheel Commons at Clarkson University from 10 - 4.  We have 10 recycled artisans and crafters attending the show and it is sure to be one-of-a-kind!  Stop by and check it out!

4 comments:

  1. I love these!!! I don't remember seeing them at the show though..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't have time to make anymore :(. I'm hoping to have them as ornaments at the next show and in my online shop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love snowflake crafts and these are gorgeous! I hope that it is okay, I just finished a soda can crafts round-up and just couldn't resist featuring your gorgeous quilled snowflakes! You can see it here:

    http://jamiebrock.hubpages.com/hub/aluminum-can-crafts-round-up

    Thank you again for sharing :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are terrific! what did you use to hold them together in the center?

    ReplyDelete