Thursday, September 15, 2011

Canning

I apologize I took a little break from blogging.  My sister is home visiting so I have been busy.  We went hiking,  worked on Halloween costumes and did a little cooking!  I canned 12 quarts of homemade spaghetti sauce so far and I only have 40 more to go!  My goal is 52 quarts, one for every week of the year.  I wanted to share this handy little thing I purchased, the FoodSaver Regular Mouth Jar Sealer.  For those of you that have a FoodSaver vacuum sealer with an accessory attachment, this is amazing!

FoodSaver T03-0006-01 Regular-Mouth Jar Sealer

It is super easy to use.  All you do is place your contents in the jar, put on a lid and secure this on top and press the accessory button.  I have only tried it with hot contents and it worked great.  All the jars sealed.  It can be a little messy if you over fill the jars (1 inch from the top).  It is still so much easier than any other method and cuts the canning process in half!

I love it so much I just ordered the Wide Moth Jar Sealer!

No comments:

Post a Comment