Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Ooops I had a long weekend :) - Homemade Marshmallows

Sorry for missing yesterday's post.  I took Monday off to take my dogs to the vet and spend some time with the BF.  Over the weekend I worked on a lot of great projects, that I will share this week.  For all of you who have not had a homemade marshmallow before you will never go back to store bought ones again.  Last year for Christmas I made peppermint marshmallows and gave them as gifts to people with hot chocolate, they were delicious.  This year for my first batch I wanted to try the traditional vanilla recipe and of course they were just as wonderful.

Vanilla Marshmallows
Homemade Marshmallows (Courtesy of Martha Stewart)

The recipe is used is from Martha Stewart.  The recipe is very simple, the only word of caution I have is to be careful it gets very hot and that it is best to use a stand-up mixer like a Kitchen Aid b/c it will take require a lot of mixing.  I hope you enjoy them!

No comments:

Post a Comment