Monday, November 1, 2010

My Weekend Recap

So I hope everyone had a good Halloween, I know I did.  Unfortunately I forgot to take pictures once I had my costume on and makeup, but I took a picture of the finished jacket, hat and teapot purse.  This was by far probably the most fun I have ever had in a costume, except for maybe when I went as Rainbow Bright.


So on Saturday, I started to refinish the door and the little dresser.  I used Formby's Paint and Poly Remover,  It actually worked very well considering the door had 3 coats of paint on it.  


After removing the first layer of varnish from the dresser drawers, they were actually very nice (see top drawer in picture below), but it was impossible to get all three to look the same, so I kept going.


After some sanding on Sunday.....




The drawers are only going to need a little more sanding and they will be ready for stain.  The door is going to need another coat of Formby's as well as the rest of the dresser.  So its back to Lowe's for me today!  

Now everyone needs a break from crafting every now and again so I made Martha Stewart's Pumpkin Whoopie Pies , they are delicious and I suggest you try them!






No comments:

Post a Comment