Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving! Martha Stewart Pumpkin Cheesecake

For Thanksgiving this year I wanted to get away from traditional pumpkin pie. Not that we don't love pumpkin pie, like I've said before we love anything pumpkin, but I want to combine it with something else we really love cheesecake! What better day to indulge than Thanksiving! This year we are not having a traditional turkey and stuffing. We are having lasagna, I am making from scratch using spaghetti sauce I canned from roma tomato's I grew over the summer, and cheesy garlic bread. After that meal I'm not sure anyone will have room for cheesecake but we'll see.

Pumpkin Cheesecake

So for the cheesecake, I followed Martha Stewart's Pumpkin Cheesecake recipe with only one modification. Instead of using regular graham crackers for the crust, Honey Maid has gingerbread graham crackers which I thought would give this a little more flair. Also I didn't use pumpkin pie spice, I used cinnamon, ginger, allspice, cloves and a little nutmeg.

No comments:

Post a Comment