Friday, November 5, 2010

Happy Friday - Upcycled Men's Wool Blazer Ruffled Scarf

Yesterday I went to the North Country Neighbors Flea Market in Potsdam and as always found some great deals.  I bought an old mens size 1x Wool Blazer (sport jacket, whatever) for I believe $4 dollars, it ended up being less than it was marked when I got it to the register.  It had several different colors and styles of plaid and hounds tooth in it, so I figured it would make a cute scarf. I ripped it apart and cut it into strips and crochet them which I didn't like the end result, so I cut apart the sleeves and used them to make a ruffled scarf.  I had to cut the sleeves into strips and then sew them into one long piece (there is still a lot of the sleeve left).  Here is the result:


                                          


sorry this one is a little blurry


The bad crocheted version (looks kind of like a rats nest):


Another great flea market find.  I got these two rhinestone pieces, a brooch and a set of clip on earrings for $6.00 and I am trying to figure out what to make with them.  I don't think I have the heart to take them apart for the stones so they will probably stay whole and used in another way.  Check back again to see what I make from them!

                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment