Friday, November 26, 2010

♥ Art Deco Jewelry ♥

From the above title you can tell that I love Art Deco jewelry.  I think the pieces are classic and timeless, but also love that there is history that comes with them.  An antique Art Deco ring could have been someone's cherished wedding ring, how many hands wore this ring in the past?  I think I would rather have a beautiful piece of vintage jewelry versus a new one.  Who needs Kays!

18K Antique Art Deco Diamond Filigree Engagement Ring
Check out my Etsy Art Deco Love Treasury List for more great pieces. 

Now for my own Art Deco jewelry, I purchased this ring setting: 

Vintage deco ring 10K setting 1930s 40s

It was a risk and fortunately I didn't spend a lot b/c it is going to cost $160 to have it rebuilt by a local jewelry to hold a stone and fix the band.  Then I will have to find an old stone or purchase a new one for it.  Probably another expense for after Christmas, but I am excited to finally be able to wear it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment