Thursday, May 26, 2011

In Memory of my Dad

Today is my dad's funeral.  He passed away on May 22, 2011 at 1:37 AM and I was not allowed to be there, which has been very hard on me.  So I have been working through the grieving process by creating.   I started with a drawing of my dad, which is not perfect yet, definitely still a work in progress but I can see him in it.



 When my sister and I were young, we were told by our grandpa that people come back as butterflies.  So butterflies have always held a special place in our hearts.  This is why I created my sister and I matching butterfly cuffs.  Each cuff has a hand-painted recycled monarch butterfly and a gold butterfly.  The monarch represents our dad and the gold butterfly represents our grandpa.



On the inside I modge podged a paper that says "Love You Dad 5-22-11", so we will never forget.


This is the beautiful red maple we planted in memory of him:

No comments:

Post a Comment