Friday, August 5, 2011

Uniquely Northern New York - Buy Local, Discover Artistans, Crafters & Vendors

As some of you know I am currently working on finishing my Masters in Information Technology.  I am slated to graduate Spring 2012.  It has been a long process while working full time, but one of the perks of working at Clarkson is you get to take classes for free.  I definitely won't miss my Electrical Engineering class, that one was killer! 

For my final project, I wanted to create site that was both needed and that I would want to maintain after I was finished, so I created Uniquely Northern NY.  It combines my two great loves in life, crafting and web design.  It is a site dedicated to buying local as well as discovering artisans, craters and vendors in the area. 

www.uniquelynny.com

If you are a artisan, crafter or vendor in Northern New York feel free to add your profile and share your information with others.  If you are a shop or have a favorite shop(s) feel free to add them to the map.  Also add upcoming craft shows to the calendar to share with others and the community.   I felt this site was desperately needed I have already found so many other great local people, that I probably never would have met before!

Become a fan on Facebook to see what is changing on Uniquely NNY and when a new artisan, crafter or vendor is added!

Don't forget The Mad Recycler will be at the Waddington Homecoming Craft Show from 10 - 4 this Saturday, August 6th.  I will be setup right next to the gazebo on Rt. 37 :). 

No comments:

Post a Comment