Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Recycled Button Blossom Bobbi Pins

Another 99% Recycled craft.  All but the bobbi pin, thread and glue is recycled.  The fabric I used came from furniture upholstery samples that are normally just thrown out but I was lucky enough to have some given to me :).   The buttons are part of my ever growing collection.


Basically they are very simple to create.  The fabric portion is just a small yo-yo.  Making a yo-yo is very simple you cut out a circle of fabric (I traced the bottom of a glass) and do a running stitch about an 1/8th of an inch around the entire edge and then pull to gather.  I put a few extra stitches around the center to hold it down after I gather it, then I sew on the button and glue it to the bobbi pin.  Great for scrap fabric, old sheets, and even old clothes.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment