Thursday, April 28, 2011

Wedding Wednesdays: Oops I'm a day late! Brooch Bouquets

Everyone knows I am into antiques and love vintage jewelry.  I have had several posts about it.  But what could more lovely on your wedding day than to carry small pieces of history down the aisle or even family heirlooms.   A brooch bouquet will never wilt or die either, so it would be a lasting memory.   Check out some great examples from Etsy:

Rhinestone Art Deco Bouquet - Over The Top Rhinestone & Pearls - Custom Made for you To Order
Rhinestone Art Deco Bouquet by theRitzyRose

They are rather pricey to buy all made, but imagine what fun it would be to travel around antique shops, flea markets and garage sales to find great brooches and large earrings.  I have even thought of making a bouquet out of my recycled flowers and including some vintage jewelry or small chandelier crystals, so be prepared for the post after my next show, which is this Saturday, April 30th at the Canton Middle School for the St. Lawrence County Historical Association from 10 am - 4 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment