Friday, April 22, 2011

Recycled Bertolli Jar - Lace Lantern

Of all the food jars I have ever seen, my favorite are Bertolli sauce jars.  The shape of them is just to nice to throw away.  I have been trying to figure out easy ways to make them into lanterns.  Mod Podge seemed the ideal solutions.  I took paper doilies and cut them with my Fiskars large seal punch and then mod podged them to the jar, turning them so the whole would be at different positions.  Below is the semi-finished product (I am still working on a handle for them).  I think they are lovely though!




Before sure to watch for these and other recycled jar lanterns at my next craft show Saturday, April 30th from 10 am - 4 pm at the Canton Middle School for the St. Lawrence County Historical Association.  

Happy Friday!

Subscribe to The Mad Recycler by Email
Become a Fan on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment