Wednesday, April 6, 2011

New Shop Alert in Potsdam, NY - Maple Run Gourmet Grocery & Gift Emporium

Yesterday was the grand opening of a new shop in downtown Potsdam.  I went down on my lunch break to check out the Maple Run Gourmet Grocery & Gift Emporium.  The shop features all things maple.  I love maple syrup so of course this was the perfect place for me.  I was able to sample some of their specialty products, like the maple butter, maple candy, maple BBQ sauce as well as Maple Wine.  I loved the Maple Wine, it was drier than you think it would be, but it is currently not for sale as they wait for their liquor license.  There is also a selection of smoked meat and jerky.  A great selection of wooden kitchen products made from maple as well as gourmet/specialty kitchen items, like the crepe maker which I just may have to go back and get for my kitchen.  I left the store with maple, popcorn, a maple lollipop, maple candy, maple soda and maple pumpkin butter.  All of it was delicious, the maple soda was only "ok" for me, it tasted like carbonated maple syrup which can be a little much to drink a whole bottle of but it was interesting to try anyways.  So for a great gift or something unique for your next party check out the Maple Run Gourmet Grocery & Gift Emporium at 49 Market Street, Downtown Potsdam open from 6 am - 8 pm.

Photo from Maple Run Gourmet Grocery & Gift Emporium

No comments:

Post a Comment