Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Upcycled Door Knob Pumpkin


The inspiration for this actually came from a the other half of the white porcelain door knob leftover from creating my Upcycled Door Corner Display. It had been lying around since then and while looking at it one day, I decided it kind of looked like a little white pumpkin.  I didn't want to paint that one, but wanted to do a test run on another rusty metal door knob I had from a pair of doors I bought not to long ago.  All I did was paint it orange and then a little green paint for a stem.  I added a little wire corkscrew curl to top it off.  I think it is adorable and would make a lovely paper weight!



I'm not crazy about the paint I used for the stem so I may look for a different kind and do it with a little more detail!

The pair will be for sale at my first show in Malone, this Saturday October 15th for the All You Harvest Festival at Davis Elementary!

No comments:

Post a Comment