Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Wedding Wednesdays: My first recycled soda can Bouquet ♥

I have been making the recycled soda can roses for so long and I hadn't had a chance to make a bouquet yet.  Last week during my mini-break, I started creating the roses.  It is a long grueling process to make so many roses, but definitely worth it once you see the end result.


Each stem is wrapped in floral tape, which is extremely sticky and a real pain to work with but once I had them all wrapped I coated the stems in corn starch and it removed the stickiness.   I also wired some old pearls from a broken necklaces and added them in as well.



I am considering selling these on a Made To Order basis b/c there are so many different routes you could go with it and I would love to make custom creations.  

Look whats next, HYDRANGEA :) 


Check out this bouquet as well as lots of other new stuff this Saturday, June 4th at the Massena Heritage Festival Craft at the Massena Arena from 9 am - 5 pm.  

Enjoy and Happy Wednesday!



2 comments:

  1. Now listed in my etsy shop! Please contact me if you would like to discuss a custom bouquet.

    http://www.etsy.com/listing/75187926/made-to-order-recycled-soda-can-rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow. From soda cans? Those look really cool! Visiting from FPTFY

    ReplyDelete