Friday, January 14, 2011

Happy Friday! Time in a Bottle Charm Necklace and an Upcycled Angel

I have found lately that I have a real love for mechanical looking things, gears, springs, pulleys etc.  I decided to take apart a broken watch to check out the insides, you can buy neat watch movements on Etsy, but why buy when most people have a broken watch kicking around.  It took some doing, but I got the back off and loved what I found inside.  I decided to put it together into a charm necklace since I love them too.  I added a watchmaker's bottle I had and a few smaller lockets I also had to a chunky antique brass chain.  I think it is really cute.



I have to share this quote again b/c I think it describes my first soldering project wonderfully:


“The creative person is both more primitive and more cultivated, more destructive, a lot madder and a lot saner, than the average person." - Frank Barron


I am not sure I like this, but there is something interesting about it.  I figured I should share it anyway.  I think with more work it could be cute, right now it's too simple.  Basically it is made of  a bedspring I cut the top off, I soldered together smaller springs to make the wings and used the top of a spoon I flattened for a head (I had left over from my first spoon ring project to be shared next week).  I think if I made the wings bigger, by layering more small springs it would look cuter, and lose the spoon?!?!  All I can say is it is definitely interesting ....... :)



 Happy Weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment